Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24th - From Pio Duran (Part 2)

***Mama Questions and Answers***

So a couple of questions for you. What do you eat when you are at home in your apartment? What do you guys fix for yourselves? If you get a chance, I would love a picture of the exterior of your apartment.  Also, what is church like there? How is it the same or different from the wards over here?

Um, lots and lots of rice, and usually a bit of meat as a side dish.
They have a word for "thing eaten with rice" Ulam. Usually our ulam is
canned corned beef, langoniza (a type of sausage) hot dog, chicken, or
some other meat. I personally like the pineapple here, so I eat that
with my meals, and when we have fruit I'll have that with my meals. I
also will buy bread and actual cuts of pork when I'm in Ligao and make
sandwiches with that and pineapple. I'll see if I can't get a picture
for you before next week.

 Um Sunday Worship Service. Well, it's anywhere
between thirty and fifty people in the branch, with a ton of those
being children and only three or four being Melchizedek priesthood
holders (not including the missionaries). They sing in English, though
the pronunciation is usually different, and there's no piano, so we
sing without accompaniment, which can be... interesting. The sacrament
prayers are also done in English. On top of that, the leadership isn't
nearly as organized here as it is at home. When I first got here, they
just had a Branch President, though we've helped him know what to do,
so he's extended callings to several brothers, so that is getting
better.

So, we got transfer announcements Saturday Elder Carpio is going
to be transferred tomorrow which makes sense since my training is
officially over. I'll be staying in Pio Duran for another six weeks at
the least, and I'll meet my new companion tomorrow. Elder Rennaker is
also getting transferred out of Pio Duran, which is too bad because
we've become good friends in the twelve weeks we've been here
together.

No comments:

Post a Comment