Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 10, 2014 - From Pio Duran

This week was a whirlwind. I'm grateful that I'm the companion of a District Leader, because it means that I get to go on exchanges with other missionaries often, and that means that I get to sample and "taste" the teaching styles of lots of different people. The Elder I got to exchange with this week was one of the most humble and loving missionaries I've ever met. The way he acted and talked made me realize that I haven't been doing my companion justice in how I treat him. I think it's resulted in a better relationship with my companion. In particular, I've learned this lesson: If you're truly charitable and loving towards your fellow man, the way they treat you doesn't change how you feel towards them. When Christ was crucified, he pleaded on behalf of those who were committing the act. Do we have the strength and courage to love our enemies? If the answer is no (and I certainly fall into this category) the next step is to pray to our Father in Heaven to ask for that strength. The Atonement brings with it a powerful ability to make us more than we are or really deserve to be, but we have to seek for that change. I promise, that as you sincerely pray to love your enemy and for those that spitefully use you, God will help you obtain a greater capacity to love than you yourself could gather. 

Elder English

No comments:

Post a Comment