Sunday, March 16, 2014

February 9, 2014 - From E Pio Duran near Ligao

I feel like every week there's so much that's gone on and not nearly enough time to write it all. This week I'm just going to share something that I've learned.

Sometimes, in a companionship, things about the other person drive you nuts. Honestly, when you're with a person 24/7 for six weeks (or more) that's kind of inevitable. There are two things I've learned from this. 

First, communication is important. If you aren't talking about the things that are annoying you or bothering you, bad things happen. Luckily for me, I've only had to witness such bad things. I think that principle goes for just about any relationship.

Second, people are people. Be patient with their faults. Be quick to forgive, and quick to offer your help. You'll find that as you give people the benefit of the doubt, often they'll do the same for you. 
Mark 11:25-26, D&C 64:9-10

Elder English

No comments:

Post a Comment