Sunday, January 19, 2014

Jan 19 - From Pio Duran near Ligao

This last week has been difficult but so rewarding. On Saturday, the 18th, we had a baptism. It was my first. The sister that we were baptizing was one that the missionaries before me had found and done most of the teaching, and the role I played in her conversion was pretty minimal, but it was still a great experience. I got to do the baptism itself, and I was really nervous. Because we don't have a baptismal font nearby, we perform our baptisms out in the ocean. We waded out waist deep (which was chest deep for this sister) and I performed the baptism. As I baptized her, I could feel the very real power that exists in that sacred ordinance. 

I know that baptism by a person holding the Holy Priesthood of God is the way that Christ has set forth to follow in his way. I know that great blessings lie in that ordinance and the ordinances that follow it. I'm so grateful to be a part of bringing others to that path.

Elder English

No comments:

Post a Comment