Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 13 - From E Pio Duran near Ligao

I feel like this last week, the focus for both me and my companion moved away from me and towards the people we teach. We have stopped preparing cookie-cutter lessons in the name of training and started preparing lessons specific to the people we teach, which has been such a relief. I talk much less, but I feel like the lessons we do give actually make a difference in the lives of those we teach.

For example, we recently taught this brother who's a new investigator and has several Word of Wisdom issues. We taught him the Word of Wisdom as our first lesson due to the guidance of the Spirit. He seemed to receive it alright, and committed to giving up cigarettes and coffee, which were his only problems with it. We weren't quite sure how committed he was however. This last visit with him was about a week after that, and he said he'd been living the Word of Wisdom. I'm so glad that we've made that transition to teaching people not lessons, or we never would have started with the Word of Wisdom with that brother.

I know that God is guiding His work and he's guiding us. It hasn't always been easy, but I know that the outcomes will be worth the effort. I know that without righteous effort on our part, we can't receive His guidance, just like Nephi say in 1 Nephi17:23

No comments:

Post a Comment